Toyota of Smithfield COVID-19 Updates
The following communication was released by Toyota of Smithfield on Monday, March 30, at 10am EST. Updates will be posted here as the situation warrants.
At Toyota of Smithfield, the health and safety of our customers and associates remains our highest priority.
In accordance with Governor Raimondo’s recent executive order to close all non-critical retail businesses throughout Rhode Island, OUR SHOWROOM WILL BE CLOSED UNTIL APRIL 13TH, with sales available by appointment only.
We realize that your car is an essential part of your daily life, and we are happy to share that automotive repair has been classified as a critical business.
Therefore, OUR SERVICE DEPARTMENT WILL REMAIN OPEN to take care of you and your vehicle. Because this is a very fluid situation, however, it is best to contact us ahead of time for our most up-to-date hours.
We know that in some cases you may not be able to wait to buy a car, so we’re still available to help you remotely or by appointment. Simply reach out to us online or by phone and we’ll make arrangements to serve your car buying needs in a way that conforms to current regulations.
Thank you for your patience and cooperation during these uncertain times. Together we will all get through this. And we’re here to help, at Toyota of Smithfield.
Please check back frequently for the latest updates.
The Toyota of Smithfield Team
The following communication was released on Friday, March 13, at 4:00pm EST. Updates will be posted here as the situation warrants.
At Toyota of Smithfield, the health and safety of our customers and associates is our highest priority.
We have been keeping up to date with the latest developments concerning the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak and the broader impact it has on our world, considering how it affects our employees and customers, and taking the necessary precautions to stay fully operational and ahead of the curve during these difficult times.
We are closely following the Centers for Disease Control’s (CDC) guidelines and recommendations on the steps we can take to prevent the spread of this virus and will continue normal sales and service operations until advised otherwise by state health officials.
We are taking the following proactive measures to ensure the safety and well-being of everyone who visits any of our locations:
• We have enacted a strict hand-washing protocol that requires associates to wash with soap and water or sanitize hands frequently.
• Associates have been directed to avoid shaking hands and to stand six feet from customers when possible.
• We have partnered with our cleaning crews to ensure that all work surfaces are treated with proper disinfectants and high-traffic areas are given special attention.
• The interior of vehicles in the showroom and demos are being wiped down with antibacterial wipes.
• Our service associates have been instructed to wear gloves and utilize protective coverings when moving, or working inside, customer vehicles.
• Any associate who is sick is directed to stay home, and any employee who appears ill will be sent home immediately.
• Our associates have been asked to postpone all non-essential business travel, training, and meetings or handle them virtually to limit exposure.
Our goal at Toyota of Smithfield is and will always be to provide our customers an exceptional experience—whether you choose to view our digital showroom online at toyotaofsmithfield.com or to come see us at our dealership location when the time is right for you. We wish everyone health and safety during this difficult time. Thank you again for your loyalty.
The Toyota of Smithfield Team